- Jul 01 2022
- All Day
Canada Day on Amherst Island
Canada Day celebrations return to Amherst Island!
Canada Day Celebrations!
- 12:00PM - 4:00PM
- Horse Pull at the Fairgrounds
- The AI Agricultural Society presents a Horse Pull and Lunch BBQ at the Fairgrounds behind Centennial Park. $10 entry, $5 for members, 12 and under free. Sponsor raffle. Bring your own chair. No dogs please. Weather permitting.
- 12:00PM - 7:00PM
- Canada Day with the Back Kitchen
- Enjoy special Canada Day strawberry rhubarb donuts at 11AM and Fish and Chips after 4PM
- 1:00PM - 4:00PM
- Weasel & Easel
- Visit the Weasel & Easel as they celebrate Canada Day and begin their regular summer hours
- Parade Marshalling
- If you are entering a float in the Canada Day parade marshalling begins at St. Alban's Anglican Church and east on Front Road
- ISLE T-Shirt Sale
- T-Shirt sale in support of Amherst Island Public School programs at 5605 Front Road
- Parade begins
- Parade begins from St. Alban's Anglican Church to the Community Centre. Pest Parade Entry trophy & $50 prize from the AI Emergency Services Association
- After the Parade
- Free Hot Dogs
- Free hot dogs by the AI Recreation Committee at the Community Centre. Donations gratefully accepted. Live music by The Islanders
- Fireworks sponsored by Loyalist Township and the AI Recreaction Committee