- Jul 01 2023
- All Day
Canada Day on Amherst Island
Canada Day celebration planning is underway by the various groups on Amherst Island who contribute to the fun and festivities of the day.
Activities include the Agricultural Society hosting its second annual horse pull in partnership with the Ottawa Valley Horse Pull Association, the annual Canada Day parade starting at St. Alban’s Anglican Church, and the fireworks celebration at the Amherst Island Public School and Community Centre.
See the detailed schedule of the day below. Details are subject to change based on weather and other factors.
Canada Day Celebrations!
- 10:00AM - 4:00PM
- Summer hours begin at the Weasel & Easel (Wed-Sun 1-4, Sat 10-4) and the Neilson Store Museum & Cultural Centre (daily 1-4, Sat 10-4).
- 11:00AM - 7:00PM
- Enjoy fresh donuts and coffee at 11 AM The Back Kitchen! Wed- Sun summer hours begin. www.thebackkitchen.com
- 11:00AM - 4:00PM
- ISLE T-Shirt Sale in support of AIPS programs at 5605 Front Rd.
- 12:00PM - 4:00PM
- Horse Pull at the Fairgrounds
- The AI Agricultural Society presents a Horse Pull and Lunch BBQ at the Fairgrounds behind Centennial Park. $10 entry, $5 for AIAS members, 12 and under free. Sponsor raffle. Bring your own chair. No dogs please. Weather permitting.
- Parade Marshalling
- If you are entering a float in the Canada Day parade marshalling begins at St. Alban's Anglican Church and east on Front Road
- Parade begins
- Parade begins from St. Alban's Anglican Church to the Community Centre. Pest Parade Entry trophy & $50 prize from the AI Emergency Services Association
- ree hot dogs
- by Lynn & Lorna, RE/MAX Finest Realty, at the Community Centre. Donations to the Recreation Committee gratefully accepted.
- Fireworks sponsored by Loyalist Township and the AI Recreaction Committee