Welcome to the Amherst Island Business Directory. This directory serves as a listing of island businesses only. For mainland businesses that serve the island population, please refer to the Island Directory produced by the Amherst Island Women’s Institution which is available for purchase at the General Store.
If you would like to have your business listed in the directory, please contact us.
Fire Department & Emergency First Response training meetings are held on Thursday nights.
The Amherst Island Station provides fire protection & primary medical care on the Island. The Department has a full-time Chief and approximately 100 Firefighters & EFR personnel of which 14 are on the Island. The headquarters station is located on the mainland in Odessa, Ontario.
Topsy is a cooperative, multi-generational family farm at the western end of Amherst Island, in Lake Ontario. Those who work and live here are deeply committed to the environment in which they live. We plant trees and hedgerows and are a certified Monarch Way Station. No pesticides are broadcast on our land.
Come run the 2019 'Wooly Bully Races' on Sunday, August 18th on beautiful and historic Amherst Island! The 10K is the 3rd and final race of the 'Tri-Island Series' and race 11 in the Kingston Road Runners Association's 2019 race series. For more details go to www.krra.org.
AIMS hold their meetings on the second Saturday of the month unless scheduled at a different date due to conflicts. The calendar on the website will be updated to reflect the correct dates. For additional information, any of the officers listed on www.amsociety.ca/contacts could be phoned.
Opened in 2004, Amherst Island’s Neilson Store Museum highlights artifacts from Island families and Island history since its first settlement in 1789, when it was originally named Isle Tonti. Items in the collection include the MV Amherst Islander’s ship’s wheel, bell, and logs. Designated under the Ontario Heritage Act, the Museum itself is also an exhibit having once been owned by James S. Neilson, an island grain merchant who opened his first general store in 1873, with the store remaining in the Neilson family for more than one hundred years. Light Refreshments after the talk.